With Mary carry the light of Christ to others
|07:00 Registration and Blessing at Schoenstatt Shrine, Constantia
07:45 Depart for Constantia Nek (by car)
08:00 Depart Constantia Nek
12 noon HOLY MASS – NEWLANDS FOREST [your picnic lunch afterwards]
|16:45||Refreshments at Villa Maria (Coffee/Tea/Juice)|
|17:00||Benediction at Villa Maria Shrine, Tamboorskloof|
Important Additional Information
- All pilgrims must have a signed indemnity form. Under 18’s must have their forms signed by a parent/legal guardian. Noperson will be allowed on the pilgrimage without a signed indemnity form. You will be turned away. (Indemnity form on separate brochure with parish).
- The approximate distance of the walk is 25k.m. + / – 9 hours, therefore every pilgrim should be fit and in sound health. Any person suffering from any medical condition, which could in any way be aggravated by physical exertion, must please consult their GP to sanction their participation in the Pilgrimage.
- Youth Leaders from the various parishes must accept responsibility and control of their members.
- Please make your own arrangements for transport to Constantia / Constantia Nek and from Villa Maria at the end of the Pilgrimage.
- Please remember that this is a pilgrimage and lunch should be eaten after Holy Mass at Newlands.
- A jersey and good walking shoes and socks as well as adequate protection in the case of rain / sun are essential.
- Bring along a picnic lunch and perhaps some extra to share with someone else who may be in need and something to put your own litter in.
- The following rules apply to all who participate and we ask that they are strictly adhered to:
- Do not litter.
- If in doubt as to which route to follow, remain exactly where you are until one of the organizers arrives.
- Do not wander off the recognized paths.
- Do not throw stones, as there may be other hikers below.
- Obey the organizers at all times; they are there for your safety.
- Walk facing on-coming traffic (right-hand side) on the Tafelberg Rd.
- No music (walkmans, mp3/4 players, iPods…etc), remember this is a pilgrimage.
WHILST EVERY EFFORT IS TAKEN TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF THE PILGRIMS THE ORGANISERS DO NOT ACCEPT ANY RESPONSIBILITY / LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, ACCIDENT, LOSS, DAMAGE OR ANY MEDICAL EMERGENCIES THAT MAY OCCUR ON THE WAY.