Celebrating the life of Father Kentenich.
After a rich and blessed life, Fr. Kenteich was called home to the Eternal Father on the 15th September 1968. Every year members of Schoenstatt Family come together to celebrate his life and his work. In Cape Town, this will be done at a celebration of Holy Mass. One thing that Father Kentenich was known for was his love for the Church, thus we are grateful to welcome Bishop Stephen Brislin as well as our new Archbishop Sylvester David to our celebration. As Schoenstatt Family of the archdiocese of Cape Town, we commit ourselves to support the church through our apostolate and our prayer!
If you are free please come and join us. Refreshments will be served after Mass!
Do you remember when we used to make pilgrimages? Is that a thing of the past? Not at Schoenstatt! Why not join us for a Pilgrim Sunday devotion and procession the Schoenstatt Shrine! Bring your petitions, your joys and your sorrows, your challenges and your expectations! Our Blessed Mother is waiting for you!
|07:00||Registration outside Schoenstatt Farm House, Constantia|
|07:30||Blessing at Schoenstatt Shrine, Constantia|
|07:45||Depart for Constantia Nek (by car)|
|08:00||Depart Constantia Nek (start of pilgrimage)|
1st … Petitions, Question & Prayer
2nd … Petitions, Question & Prayer
|12:00||Holy Mass – Newlands Forest (followed by lunch)|
3rd … Petitions, Question & Prayer
4th … Petitions, Question & Prayer
|16:45||Refreshments at Villa Maria (Coffee/Tea/Juice)|
|17:15||Benediction at Villa Maria Shrine, Tamboorskloof|
For Further Information please contact:
Marcel Barry: 021 705-2119 / 083 454-2209
Clement Nicolls: 021 715-1853 / 082 451-3286
The organisers retain the right to cancel the pilgrimage
in the event of rain or any unforeseen circumstances.
Important Additional Information
- All pilgrims must have a signed indemnity form. Under 18’s must have their forms signed by a parent/legal guardian. No person will be allowed on the pilgrimage without a signed indemnity form. You will be turned away. (Indemnity form on separate brochure with parish).
- Please remember to make your own arrangements for transport to Constantia, Constantia Nek and from Villa Maria at the end of the Pilgrimage.
- The approximate distance of the walk is 25km +/- 9 hours, therefore every pilgrim should be fit and in sound health. Any person suffering from any medical condition, which could in any way be aggravated by physical exertion, must please consult their GP to sanction their participation in the Pilgrimage.
- Youth Leaders from the various parishes must accept responsibility and control of their members.
- Please remember that this is a pilgrimage and lunch should be eaten after Holy Mass at Newlands.
- A jersey and good walking shoes and socks, as well as adequate protection in the case of rain / sun, are essential.
- Bring along a picnic lunch and perhaps some extra to share with someone else who may be in need and something to put your own litter in.
- The following rules apply to all who participate and we ask that they are strictly adhered to:
- Do not litter.
- If in doubt as to which route to follow, remain exactly where you are until one of the organizers arrives.
- Do not wander off the recognized paths.
- Do not throw stones, as there may be other hikers below.
- Obey the organizers at all times; they are there for your safety.
- Walk facing on-coming traffic (right-hand side) on the Tafelberg Rd.
- No music (cellphones, mp3/4 players, iPods…etc), remember this is a pilgrimage.
WHILST EVERY EFFORT IS TAKEN TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF THE PILGRIMS THE ORGANISERS DO NOT ACCEPT ANY RESPONSIBILITY / LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, ACCIDENT, LOSS, DAMAGE OR ANY MEDICAL EMERGENCIES THAT MAY OCCUR ON THE WAY.
The fifteen stations shed light on your path through life with all its ups and downs and encourage you to strengthen your marriage.
Our hope is that you enter into dialogue with each other and get onto the track of what grows and supports your love.
Date: Saturday 12 October 2019
Time: 9.00 am to 4.30 pmWhere?
Schoenstatt, Constantia Main Road, Constantia.
R50 per family (All inclusive).
Bring a picnic lunch.
During the Marriage Camino your children will be under the close supervision of child-minders and kept busy while you, as husband and wife, walk together through Schoenstatt’s beautiful grounds.
We look forward to meeting you.