Who are we?
The Schoenstatt Girls’ Youth was founded on August 15, 1931 in Germany and is now present in all continents, including Africa! In South Africa we are active in Cape Town, Johannesburg and Durban
In order to develop their identity, boys and girls need their own space, which they can grow. Youth needs a space that gives support and offers the possibility with their peers "to reflect" and to gain confidence! This is what the Schoenstatt girls youth offers!
Schoenstatt helps us as youth to make our faith our own. It helps us bring our faith into our daily lives.
What do we offer?
• We offer fun days for girls between 8 and 13 and girls over 13 years.
• We run camps for high school girls
• We offer leader training ship for high school girls who wish to become leaders of the Schoenstatt Girls.
• Girls of similar age groups come together for regular meetings engaging in topics of interest.
What topics are important for us?
• Self-discovery – discovering the beauty within!
• Self-education and personal development
• Learning to make our own decisions based on our faith
• Faith in everyday life
• A personal relationship with God
• The discovery of one's own vision of life and vocation
• Relationship skills and the question "Love is ...?"
• The confrontation with friendship and sexuality
• Schoenstatt - a new way for a new generation
• Mary as a role model for girls of today!
Through the covenant of love, Mary becomes our educator as well as our Mother and Queen. Our world needs people who will stand for what they believe, people who know what they believe; people who believe in something good. Schoenstatt is a place of formation for these people. Mary will form us to into who we are.